Saturday, April 18, 2009

The Walking Dead #60

Written by Robert Kirkman
Art by Charlie Adlard and Cliff Rathburn



Here's another exciting issue of The Walking Dead. Kirkman's really hit on a good pace for this title since the characters went back on the road. There's a lot going on in this book, with the threat of the herd, the twin kids (I don't remember the last time I even saw them) playing with dead cats, Dale getting grumpy again, Glen and Maggie finally having a talk, and a five-page ad for the next story arc.

I like how Kirkman balances the plot moments with character moments. He has a large, ever-changing cast in this book, and I really respect the way he's able to provide them all with distinct personalities, but still fit in the space for some intense action.

The only problem I had with this book would be with the family that was found dead in the farm house. They seem way too freshly-killed. There are no signs of decomposition, and that just seems unlikely, considering how long it had been since the zombie thing happened. It's a minor point, but it threw me out of the story.

No comments: