Saturday, April 18, 2009

Air #8

Written by G. Willow Wilson
Art by M.K. Perker


I hope that last month's $1 issue of Air has brought in some new readers, because this title is becoming more compelling with each issue.

This month, Blythe returns to her own body and life, after having gotten stuck in Zayn's past, and embarks on a mission to retrieve the Hyperprax device that Zayn had been in possession of. Blythe is coming into her own as a character, and I find her much less annoying in this issue than I did at the start of the series (I do wish Perker would allow her to change her clothes though - there's something about this outfit that doesn't ring true to me).

I like the way that Wilson is working with this concept of 'technology as symbolism.' I'm not entirely sure of what it means, but it provides fertile ground for this series to explore.

No comments: