Friday, April 24, 2009

100 Bullets Vol. 4: A Foregone Tomorrow

Written by Brian Azzarello
Art by Eduardo Risso


One thing I really like about reading 100 Bullets in trade is that the books often contain more than one story. There is a mixture of one-offs, two- and three-part stories making up this volume, which collects eleven issues in total.

Up to this point, I'd been enjoying 100 Bullets, but was having a hard time keeping some of the characters straight, as I have not been reading this title steadily, and found that I forgot things in-between. This volume, with its detailed explanation of The Trust, and Agent Graves and the Minutemens' history with it (without actually revealing all the important details) has me very intrigued to continue reading the series (I have them through volume 7 just sitting on a pile, waiting to be read).

I'm blown away by Risso's art, and love the way Azzarello is treating every character like they are important, even if they are clearly never going to be a part of the book again.

No comments: