Saturday, April 4, 2009

Jonah Hex #42

Written by Justin Gray and Jimmy Palmiotti
Art by Jordi Bernet


Lately I've been a little unsure of Jonah Hex. I like the general format and the artists that come on the book, but increasingly, the stories are starting to feel repetitive.

This issue features a flashback to Jonah's youth, and relies, yet again on a huge coincidence, whereby some kids that beat Jonah up as a little kid happen to find him again, and get the drop on him in adult life.

I would think, for such a legendary killer and gunfighter, that Jonah wouldn't get captured so much, but I think it's happened in just about every issue for the last year.

I have really enjoyed this comic, and I'll stick with it through the upcoming six-issue arc, but after that, I'm not sure....

No comments: