Thursday, April 2, 2009

100 Bullets Vol. 3

Written by Brian Azzarello
Art by Eduardo Risso

I think the thing I like most about 100 Bullets (especially reading it in trade instead of single issue) is how each arc is focused on new characters, yet also is slowly unraveling the story of Agent Graves, the Minutemen, and all of that.

This book is strongest when dealing with the relationship between Loop, a young man who mostly has managed to keep out of trouble, and his father, a mob enforcer who left Loop when he was very small.
Azzarello does a fantastic job of building up both of these characters, and making them sympathetic.

This is a very tightly-plotted volume, and it makes me regret that I didn't follow this series from the beginning.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You have great taste my friend. Although, I've only read volumes 1 & 2 of the series, I'm thoroughly captivated by it.