Saturday, April 11, 2009

Northlanders #16

Written by Brian Wood
Art by Ryan Kelly


Okay, this all makes a lot more sense to me now. I had been confused by the ending of the last issue, but I was also taking things much more at face value than I probably should have been.

Brian Wood gives us a good twist here that now has me wanting to go back and re-read the entire arc in one sitting, which is always a good thing. I've been on the fence a little about this arc, especially compared to the opening story in Northlanders, but not after reading this issue.

Kelly's art is better here than it has been at any point in the story. I like how he spends pages showing the aftermath of whatever it is that's been going on in Clontarf, but leaves the real ending to the story to take place largely off-panel.

No comments: