Saturday, April 4, 2009

Haunted Tank #6

Written by Frank Marraffino
Art by Henry Flint


So, Haunted Tank has finished, and I'm not sure what the point was. It was an entertaining five issues, but ultimately, I don't feel like anything really happened in this series. We did get to learn why the ghost hasn't passed out of this world (I don't know if that was ever established before), but ultimately, I found I didn't care that much.

There wasn't enough going on in this series to have sustained five issues, and I found that as it progressed, I cared less and less about the characters. Jamal's anger got annoying around issue three, and then totally disappeared by this issue.

The art by Flint was excellent throughout, I must add. And this issue's cover is by Ted McKeever, although at first I thought it was Joe Kubert. It doesn't look like McKeever to me at all, but I like it. Actually, it's the best part of this issue.

No comments: