Saturday, April 25, 2009

Hellblazer# 254

Written by Peter Milligan
Art by Goran Sudzuka and Rodney Ramos


Milligan is into his second story on Hellblazer, and I'm happy to see that Phoebe is still in the mix, as is the London Olympics, 17th century plague doctors, more dried skin, the next Banksy, and bird masks. In other words, it is definitely 'good Milligan' at work on this title, and it seems to keep getting better.

I really like seeing John get involved in local political protest action, even if he doesn't really have much choice in the matter. It works to balance his earlier involvement in breaking strikes in the last arc.

Sudzuku's pencils here make me nostalgic for Y The Last Man, and he does an admirable job, but overall, I think I prefer Camuncoli on this book now.

No comments: