Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Unwritten #15

Written by Mike Carey
Art by Peter Gross

There's a lot going on in this issue, as Tom is reunited with his father, the new Tom Taylor book gets delivered to a store, Lizzie Hexam wanders Dickens's London, and Count Ambrosio shows up.

This arc feels like it is pulling together most of the plot-threads that Carey has been laying out for the last year and a bit, almost like the book is going to be ending soon, although I have not heard anything about that.  It's possible that, at the conclusion of this arc, new doors are going to be opened up, but I can't help but feel like Carey is building to a big finish already.

Truthfully, given the recent life-span of Vertigo books (remember, Greek Street got axed this week), it makes sense that Carey might not have plotted out as sprawling a story as he did for Lucifer.  Of course, I could be completely wrong in all of my suppositions, which I hope is the case, as I'm enjoying reading this book every month.

No comments: