Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Godland #32

Written by Joe Casey
Art by Tom Scioli

As much as I like Godland, I think I'll be happy when it's over.  The story has become more than a little exhausting, and as the lengths between issues become more pronounced (I'm not sure if they're getting longer or if I'm just noticing it more), I find it harder and harder to get back into the story with each new issue.

And really, it should be easy to love this comic.  Things are getting really wild, as the entire issue is taken up with massive fight scenes, and double splash pages.  Friedrich Nickelhead's crew is going up against the Almighty Decimator army, and are joined by Basil, sporting the new body you see to the right.  While all of this is going on, the little smoking butterfly thing fills Friedrich in on his origins, which get a little meta-textual in a very Jack Kirby way.

On the other side of the universe, Archer and his sister continue their battle with R@d-Ur Rezz, and their allies go all ritual magic thingamajig.  Actually, I'm totally bored with the Archers, and am happiest with the pages that feature the villainous characters.  Next issue looks interesting though, as Archer visits Maxim's world.

No comments: