Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Fear Agent #28

Written by Rick Remender and Hilary Barta
Art by Mike Hawthorne, Tony Moore, John Lucas, and Xurxo G. Penalta

It's been a year since we last saw or heard of Heath Houston, and in that stretch of time, I kind of forgot about the guy.  I loved the earliest issues of Fear Agent, back when it was being published by Image and each issue was an insane joyride of sci-fi weirdness.  The book got more serious as it progressed through Heath's backstory, around the same time that it made the shift over to Dark Horse, but I still enjoyed it.

The last arc started to feel like it was stretching things a little too far, but I thought it was worth sticking around for, and now it's nice to see that it's on it's last arc, as Remender intended the story to be written.  The problem is that it's a hard title to pick up after a year's absence.  Reading this, I feel like I should have dug out the last arc and looked over it again, because I'm feeling a little lost.  At the same time, I trust Remender (when writing his own creator-owned titles), and was able to just get lost in the craziness of the comic.  And Fear Agent is crazy.

It seems that Heath's actions have once again changed the timestream, and he, with his remaining two companions, have to try to fix things.  As always, the art is nice, and the 'Tales of the Fear Agent' back-up is an amusing story.  Is the artist's name really Xurxo G. Penalta, or is that a pseudonym?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

so glad you liked it!
thank you for all your comments!
my real name is xurxo g penalta (g for garcia)