Friday, October 9, 2009

War Heroes #3

Written by Mark Millar
Art by Tony Harris


It's hard to say which book was the biggest surprise this week: Planetary or War Heroes. Not because the content is shocking, but because, you know, the book exists. Granted, Planetary was something that was always promised to come out, whereas I had just assumed that Millar hadn't been able to sell the movie rights for War Heroes, and therefore abandoned it.

It's been more than a year since the last issue of this book came out, and I had pretty much forgotten about it. It's a decent enough comic. It seems that some Syrians (why is the US in Syria? Did it have to do with protecting Lebanese democracy? Does anyone even remember?) have got super-power pills now too, and they destroy some American soldiers and their stuff. This leads to the characters I vaguely remember being developed in the first two issues realizing that their plan isn't going to work anymore.

I like Tony Harris. I'm just not sure if I like him enough to continue with this book in a year or so when issue four comes out...

No comments: