Friday, October 23, 2009

Resurrection #4

Written by Marc Guggenheim
Art by Justin Greenwood and Dominic Stanton


I'll admit, I didn't really see the surprise ending to the first story in this issue coming. I guess all the clues are there, but still, it's not what I expected. It does make talking about this issue difficult though, because I don't want to spoil things.

All that can be said is that some para-gliding Road Agents attack the town, and our heroes get inside the bank.

The back up is good too, but can't really be discussed without giving away the first story's twist. I guess I could say that this story starts to show how what's in the bank got in the bank. Is that too vague?

Guggenheim has taken a completely different approach to Resurrection in this new volume, and I like it as much as I did the first. The shorter lead story can be annoying sometimes - I would like to get more of Sara and Ben's tale on a monthly basis, but I can appreciate how he is widening the scope of his tale, and including ever more characters.

No comments: