Sunday, October 18, 2009

Chew #4

Written by John Layman
Art by Rob Guillory


I can't really make up my mind about this book. I know that it has been the internet darling of the summer, and I tend to enjoy the individual issues, but I'm still undecided as to whether or not I want to keep buying it.

This issue is decent. Chu and his partner have to travel up to some far-north observatory/pleasure palace to investigate the death of a senator. Meanwhile, a couple of sub-plots develop involving a contract being taken out on Chu's life, and the sudden appearance of his brother looking for help. These sub-plots help solidify the notion that there is a plan in place for this book.

I think I'll pick up the issue coming out this week, and then I'll decide if I'm going to add this to my pull list or not.

No comments: