Friday, December 18, 2009

Okko: The Cycle of Earth #3

by Hub, with Emmanuel Michalak

I had pretty much given up on this title, so it was a nice surprise to see that Archaia released it, with it's conclusion to come next week.

This is an enjoyable tale of a group of samurai journeying through some mountains to find out about a mysterious clan, for reasons I don't remember (it being more than a year since issue 2 was published). I no longer have much recollection of who these characters are or what their relationships to each other are like, but the book reads well in terms of action and lovely artwork.

This is very much a European take on a Japanese style, translated to English. For all of that, it does read quite well. Hub crams a lot of detail into each page - both visually and through his script.

While I'm not particularly invested in the story, I look forward to its conclusion.

No comments: