Thursday, December 24, 2009

Hellboy: The Bride of Hell

Written by Mike Mignola
Art by Richard Corben


Lately I've found myself drawn to Hellboy, and I'm not sure why. I bought and read the earliest few series back in the day, and liked them well enough, but never stuck with the book. For the last year or so, I've become curious about it, and figured this one-shot was a good way to test the waters again.

And it's okay, but not really blowing me away. In this issue, Hellboy tries to free some girl from some demon. He then gets a history lesson, and there's an interesting twist. I kind of feel like I've read it before; it's definitely not breaking new ground.

On the up side, Corben's work is as good as Corben's work always is. He's a really talented artist, who continues to impress.

No comments: