Thursday, August 5, 2010

Shuddertown #4

Written by Nick Spencer
Art by Adam Geen

How often have you found yourself totally getting caught up into a comic without having a clue what's going on?  Okay, and now, how many times has it happened to you, and the book wasn't by Grant Morrison?

Basically, I'm very in to Shuddertown, but I'm also completely lost.  Perhaps it's the delay between issues that is messing with me.  Maybe it's the fact that characters get introduced in one issue, and then don't show up again until much later (like the reporter lady in #3, who has nothing to do with this issue).

At the end of the day, Spencer's created a very atmospheric and intriguing story, but it's hella hard to follow.  I want to see how it ends, but unless there is a ton of exposition in that last issue, I'm not sure that Spencer can pull this off.  I think I'm going to have to read all five issues at the same time, so that it's all fresh when I read the conclusion.

No comments: