Friday, March 19, 2010

Astronauts in Trouble: One Shot One Beer

Written by Larry Young
Art by Charlie Adlard

I'm never entirely sure of what I think of Larry Young's 'Astronaut' stories. First of all, they feature art from Charlie Adlard, so I'm immediately inclined to like them. My problem is, they seem to assume a level of gravity (no pun intended) and importance in themselves that they don't really have.

This volume is a quick read about a group of guys hanging out in a bar on the moon (the only bar on the moon, we are led to believe). As often happens, they start talking and telling stories, and it comes to pass that some of them had some involvement in the events depicted in the first of the AiT series, later subtitled 'Live From the Moon'. This might be more interesting if I remembered more of what happened in that comic, but it has been a few years since I read it, and it wasn't all that memorable I guess.

This book does have some nice moments to it, and some quick character work, but it is, when all is said and done, not that memorable.

No comments: