Sunday, December 21, 2008

Original S.I.N.

by Almighty (Killah Priest, M-Eighty, Bronze Nazareth, Son One, C-Rayz Walz, and 5 Star)

I love super-groups. To me, it's a great way to hear artists I like working with other artists I like, and to sample up and coming MCs or producers. My all-time favourite supergroup album still has to be the Reavers' Terror Firma album, but this album feels much more like the Black Market Militia project of a few years ago.

This is a good album, especially if you like that post-Wu Tang Clan sound that Bronze Nazareth is so good at imitating in his beats (and for which he is, in turn, imitated here). The MCs on this album are mostly spitting fire, although there are some very weak verses from some people I've never heard of (I'm looking at you Warcloud). C-Rayz Walz is, I think, the star of the show here, owning every track he appears on. In addition to the names listed on the cover, there are excellent guest spots from the likes of Canibus, Planet Asia, Kevlaar 7 and Timbo King.

I can't say much about what these songs are about - they tend to blend in my memory. It's not really the point though - this is more of an album you play for the atmosphere it creates.

No comments: