Thursday, December 25, 2008

Greatest Hits #4

Written by David Tischman
Art by Glenn Fabry and Gary Erskine


I've been enjoying this series more as it's developed. I found the first issue to jump from scene to scene very quickly, making it difficult to understand who the characters were or when a given scene was happening. As the issues have come along, I found the rhythm for the book, and have liked the way Tischman has portrayed the classic super hero team, if they were Brits in the '60s who moved to the States.

I don't as a rule like Fabry's covers, and this is what almost kept me from buying the book, but his interior art is much easier on the eyes, and reminds me quite a bit of Steve Dillon (Preacher Dillon, not Wolverine Origins Dillon).

This issue leaves us ready to learn the secret of what happened to The Mates (great team name) in space, and subsequently, why they broke up as a team. Next issue should make or break the series, based on what this secret is.

No comments: