Thursday, August 13, 2009

Unwritten #4

Written by Mike Carey
Art by Peter Gross

What I've been enjoying most in this title so far is the way in which Carey is playing with, and sending up, different genres of writing. In this issue, as Pullman chases down the various writers staying at the Taylor home, he muses on how they are controlled by 'genre conventions', just as this issue becomes a mix between the 'wizard and wand' style of book, and any number of bad slasher films.

With each issue I find myself a little more interested in Tommy, and the people that are pulling his strings. Carey's done a nice job of establishing this book, and as more is revealed, I'm sure I'll be more interested. I was giving this book until the end of the first arc, and I think I'll be sticking around a while longer.

1 comment:

MOCK! said...

Like the idea of this blog. ANd I loved Unwritten #1. Just picked up 2-4 and am looking forward to sitting down and reading them all!