Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Scalped #31

Written by Jason Aaron
Art by RM Guera

This is another very strong issue of Scalped. It's hard to review this book, because most months, I end up thinking the same things: that I wish I could write like Aaron, and that I wish this book was weekly.

After the events of last issue, it looks like Nitz can bring in his case against Red Crow. The only way that can happen though is if an eye-witness to Brass's murder can be kept alive, and Nitz can get to him in time. And of course, the Hmong are coming.

The last few months have been feeling more and more like the pay-off for all the issues where Aaron was both telling a good story, and laying the groundwork for what he's doing now. There was an impressive amount of planning that went into this comic.

I hope that people who pick up Aaron's Ghost Rider, Wolverine, and Punisher books all take a chance on buying this series too - it's incredible.

No comments: