Saturday, August 1, 2009

Farscape: Gone and Back #1

Written by Rockne S O'Bannon and Keith RA DeCandido
Art by Tommy Patterson, Nick Schley and Michael Babinski


Alright, so I'd decided that I was just going to tradewait Farscape from this point on, but when I got the chance today to get the first issue for half price, I decided it was too good a deal to pass up (see - I'd buy way more comics if they were all $2 again).

This is a good book. The premise is a little shaky - John ends up in a parallel or 'unrealized' reality, where Zhaan and D'Argo are still around, he's married to someone other than Aeryn, and there's another bumpy-headed alien named Coron living on Moya. I'm not sure why the writers keep dipping into the old Star Trek plot-vault, especially when the TV series was so good at coming up with fresh ideas, but they do play this one out quite well.

Patterson's art has improved since his introductory arc, although there aren't a lot of external ship views, which seems to be his biggest weakness.

No comments: