Thursday, August 6, 2009

Greek Street #2

Written by Peter Milligan
Art by Davide Gianfelice

It does seem like Milligan is trying to squeeze a lot into this book. It keeps jumping around from one story to another, and it's a little hard to follow, but at the same time, I feel like there is a master plan for all of this, and I am content to just sit back for a while, and try to keep up.

In this issue, Eddy ends up getting a job with the Fureys, the body that was found in the water last issue gets taken from the morgue, before getting up to some activity of its own, and we slowly start to get more of a handle on the main characters. Very slowly.

I trust that more will be made clear as the story progresses, and I feel like this opening arc was most definitely written for the trade as opposed to as a set of single issues, which does explain the strange pacing. The art is nice though, and I'll give them to the end of this arc before I decide what I want to do with this book.

No comments: