Thursday, October 7, 2010

Meta 4 #3

by Ted McKeever

I'd have thought that, as McKeever's latest series moved past the half-way mark, that I'd start to understand what was going on a little better.

Instead, I found this issue more confusing than the first two, as the Astronaut guy talks to the kid was saw in the first issue, and finds a bullet that is broadcasting the police radio signals we've been reading.
Upon returning to Gasolina's tattoo shop, he finds she's burned it to the ground, and the two of them hop a freight car together.

I know that there is a message in all of this (the metaphor in Meta 4), but I have no clue what it might be.  So, why stick with a comic that I don't understand in the slightest?  Mostly because I love Ted McKeever's art, and find that even when I don't get the book, I enjoy his work.

If someone has a theory they want to share, or can lead me to a website written by someone more intelligent than myself, please let me know in the comments.  Maybe if I read the whole thing from the beginning again...

No comments: