Thursday, September 2, 2010

King City #11

by Brandon Graham

There's one thing that I really don't like about this issue of King City, and that's the fact that it ends with the next issue.  And really, with only one issue remaining, I have no idea what's going to happen next.

This series has never been overly concerned about plot - it's been pretty stream of consciousness from the start, and every time I think I know what the book is going to be about, that aspect of it seems to die away (I vaguely remember some Owl freedom fighter thing going on for a while). 

The closest thing to an on-going plot element we have has been involving Pete, the Cat-Master's friend, and his desire to rescue an alien girl sold into slavery.  That's what this issue is focused on, as the two friends make good the rescue, only to be surrounded by bad guys.  The coolest aspect of this book are the other cat masters that show up at the end.

As always with this title, the art is incredible, and the plays on words and visual gags are pretty thick.  I hope when it's done, we'll see something more from Graham (like the next Multiple Warheads).

No comments: