Saturday, February 27, 2010

Unknown Soldier #17

Written by Joshua Dysart
Art by Alberto Ponticelli


I've really been enjoying 'The Dry Season', as Moses has been working to uncover what has been going on behind the scenes in the refugee camp where he has been staying. This issue he finds out the truth behind the stolen medicine and murdered doctor, although it's not what he was expecting.

What I like about this series is the way in which Dysart portrays Moses as a basically good man, yet capable of great measures of violence on an instinctual level. The thinking Moses must always work to suppress the reactionary side of his nature, and the 'voice' that he hears.

As I've mentioned before, Ponticelli's new approach to drawing this book has added a lot to it. While I liked it before, I like it much more now. Also, it's nice to see Sara, even if only briefly, again.

No comments: