Saturday, February 20, 2010

Hellblazer # 264

Written by Peter Milligan
Art by Giusseppe Camuncoli and Stefano Landini


Constantine's Indian adventure comes to a close, and while the cover suggests a big Bollywood ending, there are no big dance numbers, and no one really gets the girl.

I've enjoyed this arc. Putting Constantine in such an unfamiliar setting allowed his shtick the chance to seem fresh and new, although this last issue puts things back to status quo so neatly, and with such a dismissive wave of Milligan's hand, that I'm not all that interested in reading the next issue (even if it wasn't drawn by Simon Bisley). It's hard to accept that Chas isn't even angry with John after the events of a few issues ago.

I have been on the fence with this title since Milligan took over, and I think I'm done now. It's been decent, but I can live without it.

No comments: