Thursday, December 23, 2010

Skullkickers #4

Written by Jim Zubkavich
Art by Edwin Huang

One thing I learned this month is that the title of this comic is one word, not two.  It looks like two on the cover, but apparently it's just one - no hyphen either.  Fascinated yet?

Skullkickers continues to be a fun read.  This issue was over pretty quickly, as our two heroes spent the whole time fighting zombies and the zombie-making guy.  The dwarf gets partially zombified, and starts having issues with one leg in a scene that reminded me of that weird syndrome some people have where their hand tries to hurt them (I read about this in the New Yorker over a year ago - don't seek out the article unless you have a strong stomach; one part really freaked me out).

Anyway, it's not all zombies and mayhem; we do finally learn the identity of the person who killed the Chancellor in the first issue, and a little bit about what she was looking to achieve through her assassination.  I'm sure all of this will be relevant some time soon.

I like this comic; I've decided to add it to my pull-list, and wish it great success.

No comments: