Monday, December 20, 2010

Killion Vaults

by Orgone

I liked Cali Fever, the last Orgone album, so I thought I should grab this one as well.  I'm impressed that the band has released two albums over just a few months.

Unlike Cali Fever, Killion Vaults is a purely instrumental album.  It showcases the group's brand of funk, and is a pretty exciting collection of music.  A few of the tracks sound like they would fit on movie soundtracks, while others have that nice big, beefy sound that could be coming straight out of the seventies.

The album has eighteen tracks, split into four 'sides', and only a couple of them last more than three minutes.  This is a good piece of work, which is not at all left lacking because of the lack of vocals.  If anything, I prefer it to Cali Fever.

No comments: