Friday, September 4, 2009

Greek Street #3

Written by Peter Milligan
Art by Davide Gianfelice


Now this is more like it. I've been interested in Greek Street since the first issue, but it is with this one that things are starting to fall into place, and the story is beginning to make a lot more sense. Maybe I'm a little slow, but I felt like there was too much crammed into the first couple of issues without much explanation, but now Milligan is slowing down a little, and relationships and structures are starting to become clearer.

Eddie is being tasked with keeping an eye on Lord Menon for one of the Furey brothers, who clearly doesn't know that Menon's already up to some dirt with another Furey brother. He's got something to do with that dead girl that came back to life last issue as well, and Inspector Dedalus's investigation leads to him, not as a suspect, but as an expert in Ancient Greek.

Now that I can see where all the pieces are on the board, I can get some sense of where this book is going, and I'm beginning to be interested in the characters.

No comments: