Friday, September 11, 2009

B.P.R.D. 1947 #3

Written by Mike Mignola and Joshua Dysart
Art by Gabriel Bá and Fábio Moon


This is the middle issue of this series, and I'm not totally sure I follow everything that happens in it. I get the part where some of the guys get attacked by vampires or ghosts or something, and have to flee the burning castle. I also get the part where the other guy listens to the vampires/ghosts/demons argue, and they all get mad at the one the BPRD guys are there to find.

What I don't understand is the big ceremony Hecate thing. What happens to all the vampires/ghosts/demons? I have no clue. Also - how are there two issues left? Things seem a little bleak.

Of course, the story (as much as I like Dysart's writing) is secondary to the Bá and Moon goodness which spills from every page. Their work is awesome here.

No comments: