Friday, September 25, 2009

'76 #5

Written by B. Clay Moore and Seth Peck
Art by Ed Tadem and Tigh Walker

I honestly never expected to see this comic. It was originally solicited for May of 2008, and I had pretty much forgotten about the series before I saw it on Diamond's list for this week. And I'm pleased it arrived.

This series is made up of two stories. The first is 'Jackie Karma', but Moore and Tadem. This story, of a pair of street fighters coming out of retirement to deal with some recidivist crime reads like "Power Man and Iron Fist" without the super powers and metal tiara, but with a more kick-ass level of realism. The second story, "Cool," is an action story of stolen drug money, manipulated bounty hunters, and guys named Gino.

This is a fun comic. I'll admit, after a year and a half, I'm more than a little confused here, but I have been enjoying this title. According to the text piece, the first four issues are available on-line for free, so I recommend picking up this book, and getting caught up. Maybe if enough people buy it, Moore will write more Hawaiian Dick comics, which is what I'd really like to see....

No comments: