Saturday, May 16, 2009

The Walking Dead #61

Written by Robert Kirkman
Art by Charlie Adlard and Cliff Rathburn


When I first saw the cover, I thought "Oh good, Jessie Custer survived the zombies". I don't know if the resemblance was intentional or not, but that was my first impression.

So I still love this book, but sometimes I wonder if Kirkman has an ideal cast size in mind, and if he feels like to add a new character, an old one must be removed. The deaths in this issue feel a little too quick, especially considering the consequences that have to come from such a thing.

I am intrigued by a number of new elements added here. The preacher character is interesting - there is a lot that can be done with a person of faith in a post-zombie world. I also like the idea of a 'day without zombies', and the possible implications it may hold. And of course, the final page hints at big changes coming to this book yet again.

No comments: