Saturday, May 9, 2009

Pixu II

by Becky Cloonan, Fabio Moon, Gabriel Ba, and Vasilis Lolos

This is a very creepy comic from indie comics dream team. Pixu tells the story of a haunted or possessed building, and the haunted people who live in it.

Each chapter is by one of the four creators, somewhat like a comic book version of those stories people tell in large groups, where each person in the group contributes a sentence or two at a time. Except, this doesn't suck, like those stories always do.

I know that this book, with the first chapter, are going to be published as a hardcover by Dark Horse in the coming months, but as I bought the first issue at The Beguiling last summer, I wanted to complete my set in mini-comic format. I'm glad that Cloonan was at TCAF, so I had the opportunity to finally get this.

No comments: