Saturday, May 8, 2010

The Secret History Book 8: Seven Pillars of Wisdom

Written by Jean-Pierre Pécau
Art by Igor Kordey

I think it's cool that this new issue came out the same week that I finished reading through the entire run for the first time.  And I have to say, this is my favourite issue so far.

This time around, the focus in on the discovery of the ancient city of Kor in the Arabian desert by St. John Philby, a double agent allied with both Aker and Dyo's houses.  In Kor, he finds a new set of runes, just as powerful as the ones used by the Archons. This story is set during the closing days of the Great War, as Aker and her pilot from book seven join up with Lawrence of Arabia to hunt down Philby.  This issue also addresses the issue of William of Lecce.

What I like best about this is that the story takes the time to develop the ancillary characters a little more, and because it is much less Euro-centric than the previous volumes have been (not including the first).  I also like that the price has dropped, making this the best buy I picked up this week.

No comments: