Friday, May 28, 2010

Okko: The Cycle of Air #2

by Hub, with Emmanuel Michalak

This issue surprised me.  It's hard to talk about this issue without bringing up a pretty pivotal event that happens in it.  We learn that the big guy that showed up in the first issue is Kubban Kiritsu, is a fierce demon hunter who wears a custom bunraku - basically a medieval Japanese Iron Man suit.  He's chasing down Noboru, Okko's friend and apparently half-demon companion.  This means he has to fight Okko, and that's where some crazy stuff happens.

I've liked this title since I first started reading the Cycle of Earth issues, but I've never really felt like I've had a handle on the characters, mostly because I didn't read the first series.  As this book progresses though, I find myself more and more drawn into this world, which is so strange and interesting.  I am curious to see what happens next in this title, as it is intriguing and wonderfully well-drawn.

No comments: