Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Rawbone #3

Written by Jamie Delano
Art by Ryan Waterhouse


I'm not sure where I stand on this title now. At first, I was enjoying Delano's overbearing prose, but this issue didn't seem to be quite as turgid as the previous ones.

The story has been interesting enough, but I haven't really felt like there was anything new going on in it.

The art is quite nice at times, but it is clear in this issue that the only monkeys Ryan Waterhouse has ever seen are the ones in the old Planet of the Apes movies - this monkey is really just a small child in a mask. It's awful.

I thought this was only a three-issue series, but apparently there's another chapter coming. I have no idea when though, or if it was even solicited. Honestly, I usually expect more from Avatar (and Delano).

No comments: