Thursday, July 9, 2009

I Am Legion #4

Written by Fabien Nury
Art by John Cassaday

This title is about two months late (which seems weird with a book that is basically a reprint), and that made it difficult to follow for me - I'd forgotten who some of the characters were, and what the set-up was. This problem is exacerbated by the way in which the book jumps to a different setting every couple of panels without providing any sort of explanation. At the same time, it's worth remembering that this issue is basically the second half of the second book of the original French publication, and so the writer wouldn't have felt the need to provide much exposition.

Anyway, once I got over my confusion, I began to enjoy the story again, as it worked its way towards its ultimate conclusion. Hopefully the next issue won't take so long to arrive (an ad for it says it will be out in May of 2009!).

No comments: