Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Battlefields: The Tankies #3

Written by Garth Ennis
Art by Carlos Ezquerra and Hector Ezquerra


This was the strangest of the three Battlefields mini-series. The first gave us a story told from both sides or perspectives in the war. The second was the most tightly-plotted thing that Ennis has written in years. This one was one of the loosest.

I expected that the various groups of characters that have been in this book since the beginning might meet up at some point. I also expected that some major battle might get fought. Not really. Perhaps this adds a layer of veracity to the war story - it's a lot of driving around lost, followed by some waiting. As a plot for a comic, it's strange though.

That said, I enjoyed this series, and I'm pleased to read that Ennis is bringing it back for three more series next year. I'm in.

No comments: