Thursday, July 23, 2009

Jack of Fables #36

Written by Chris Roberson
Art by Tony Akins and Jose Marzan Jr.


I guess that Willingham and Sturges took a month off after their giant crossover, and as they are working on JSA and other titles now, as this issue is written by Chris Roberson, who I've never heard of before.

Whoever he is, he has a good feel for Jack, and the way flashback stories in this book tend to work. In this issue, Jack tells Gary about his time as 'Lord of the Jungle', when he came across a group of talking Fable apes in Western Africa back in the day.

This is a fun, amusing story. It brings back a lot of the elements that I'd missed in the book the last few months. The art, as usual, is excellent.

I don't want to see Willingham and Sturges leave this title for long, but I think that Roberson would be a good person to tap into for future one-offs like this.

No comments: