Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Best of the Fabulous Three

by The Fabulous Three

I know nothing about The Fabulous Three, including why, if that is the name of their group, there are five people on the album cover.  Basically, the guy at the store where I'm buying most of my music these days handed this to me, and said it was essential.  I've come to trust him, as he's usually right.

The Best of the Fabulous Three contains thirteen tracks that apparently make up the entirety of their oeuvre.  These pieces are all instrumental, and encompass reggae, jazz, and soul.

As usual with a Truth & Soul Records production, there is very little information about the band in the liner notes or available on-line.  What I did find was that the group recorded in the early '00s, and had very little of their output released by Soul Fire.  This is apparently the only complete collection of their work available.  From the picture on the album cover, I'd assumed this was a group from the 70s, but apparently that's not the case.

Highly recommended.

No comments: