Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sujinho

Jackson Conti

Jackson Conti is the name of the collaboration between Madlib and Mamao, from the Brazilian group Azymuth.

This cd is a beautiful tribute to Brazilian jazz produced by Madlib. It is a collection of covers and original compositions.

I don't know much about jazz (Brazilian or otherwise), but I do know that this is a lovely album. It works nicely as background music, but when really listened to, it's an excellent album to groove out to.

I believe that Madlib has to be the most talented person working in music today. He is able to produce great music in a variety of genres, and he never feels stale or like he is re-hashing old ideas, even when he is releasing yet another remix of an album from a few years ago (Madvillain 2?). As much as I love his hip-hop, I'm thankful that he has introduced me to so many other musical worlds.

No comments: