Saturday, November 22, 2008

Rock'n'Roll #1

by Fabio Moon, Gabriel Ba, Bruno D'Angelo, and Kako

This is an older comic by Moon and Ba, the brothers who are now best known (to me) for their work on Casanova, and their mini-comics with Becky Cloonan and Vasilis Lolos (I need to get Pixu #2 soon!).

This comic is a little hard to follow - it's got something to do with two people, Romeo and Kelsie, a big bunch of guys with matching jackets, and a Mike Mignola-type monster. There's no real dialogue, but the art is wonderful, and the story is relatively easy to follow (unless you like motivation).

This book was originally released in 2005, and then recently re-solicited for December, so I have no idea why it showed up in my pull-box this week, but it was a nice treat. I can't wait for the Vertigo series that the brothers are supposed to be doing next year.

No comments: