Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Rasl #10

by Jeff Smith

In the letters page of this issue, Jeff Smith says there are only about five or six issues left in Rasl.  There remains a great deal to be explained and resolved in this series; I hope it can all fit into six issues.

This issue, meanwhile, explains and resolves nothing, and instead has Rob return to the new Annie, meet a 'friend' of hers, and then meet the other Uma at a bar.  That's about all that happens, but it's also one of the more compelling recent issues of this series, as Smith has become very good at character-driven storytelling.

I found the events of this issue much more gripping than the Tesla-powered other issues, as it's Rob's unique position in the world (or is that multi-verse?) that keeps my attention with this title.  As always, the art is pretty terrific too.

The extended length of time between issues (there won't be another one until July) really hurts this book, as I find it takes me a good chunk of each issue to remember what's happened before.  At the same time, I understand why a book like this will take longer to produce.

No comments: