Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Orc Stain #6

by James Stokoe

It's been a long time since I've read an issue of this series, and I've missed it, but I also feel like it's lost a lot of its momentum.  Orc Stain is still a pretty amazing comic, I've just kind of lost touch with it during its hiatus.

This issue picks up where the last one left off, as One-Eye is searching for a way out of the giant creature he was trapped in (alongside a thousand other one-eyed Orcs), and Bowie, the poison-slinger, attacks the Orctzar's men, who have taken over the local town.  There's a lot of mayhem, as only Stokoe can usually provide.

While the art in this issue is as wonderful as every previous one, it seemed lacking in the strange little visual gags that Stokoe usually peppers his comics with.  I think that perhaps there was just a lot of plot that needed to be gotten through in this installment.  I'm not sure how long this title is expected to run, but it does look like One-Eye is going to be confronting his destiny in one way or another pretty soon.

No comments: