Thursday, July 28, 2011

The Mission #6

Written by Jon Hoeber and Erich Hoeber
Art by Werner Dell'Edera

For the last six months, I've been wondering if this comic is an on-going series or just a limited one.  Now, with this sixth issue, we reach a point which is a good conclusion to an introductory arc, but also a cliff-hanger that should lead into a second.  The problem is that no further issues of The Mission have been solicited so far, and the writers have been silent in terms of a text-piece in the comic.  I suppose I should hunt around on the internet for news, but that feels like too much work.

I would, however, gladly buy a seventh issue of this title.  This one has Paul track down the man who stole an artifact from him, thereby keeping him from finishing his latest mission.  When he finds the guy, he employs a level of brutality that I wouldn't have thought him capable of (the cover image says it all - he's not soldering).

What I've enjoyed about this series (in addition to Dell'Edera's art) is that Paul has been trying to hold on to his morals and values, wehile being thrust into a conflict he does not understand the rules of.  He's been a good everyman for the readers to latch on to, and while this issue's twist wasn't coming out of the blue, it still holds a lot of potential for some future stories.  I hope this isn't the last we see of this comic.

No comments: