Monday, July 4, 2011

Messages

by Rise

I picked this disc up on the recommendation of the guy at my second favourite music store (which is now the default favourite, as the previous favourite is closed/on hiatus - long story).  I was looking for something jazzy and nice, and that's exactly what this album is.

Messages is electro-jazz with a touch of a hip-hop backing, bringing to mind a bunch of different artists.  It's a pretty little album (the thirteen tracks clock in at thirty-eight minutes), with no vocals save for some sampled speech.

My problem is that some of the speech is carrying a pretty religious sounding message, which is definitely not my thing.  Biblical quotes, and calls for celibacy are not what I look for when I buy a cd, but I have found that it's pretty easy to tune that stuff out when I'm listening, so it's all good.

1 comment:

Rise said...

Thanks for the review man! The "calls for celibacy" pat made me laugh out loud! I'm not religious either, please don't think I'm trying to convert you through music!! Glad you enjoyed

Best

Rise