Friday, May 20, 2011

The Li'l Depressed Boy #4

Written by S. Steven Struble
Art by Sina Grace

As much as I continue to find this comic to be pretty charming and sweet, I think I'm starting to need a little more from it.  Every issue so far has been about LDB trying to get attention from Jazmin, the girl he's met, and in this issue, it seems that they are getting closer and closer.

Of course, there's a twist at the end of this issue that I didn't really see coming, and clearly, neither did the LDB.  The thing is, it makes Jazmin look very bad, as she's been leading our hero on pretty badly.

The art in this book is very nice, but I find that the pace of the plot is more than a little irregular.  LDB and Jazz hang out, and go out a lot, playing laser tag, eating take out, and graffitiing abandoned car sculptures.  LDB seems to have a lot of cash available to him, which is interesting as he doesn't appear to have a job.

As much as I like this book, I would prefer it to be a lot less decompressed.  It still reminds me a lot of Scott Pilgrim, only without the density of that comic.

No comments: