Friday, July 8, 2011

Moriarty #3

Written by Daniel Corey
Art by Anthony Diecidue


The first two issues of this series were very dense, with lots of information, character establishment, and plot development.  Now, with this third issue, the pace changes remarkably, as Moriarty and his companion Jade spring into action.

I'm going to be honest - even though I'm enjoying the series, I'm having a hard time keeping track of the plot.  Perhaps part of the problem is that I have only a passing familiarity with Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes and the related characters, but I just don't remember why Moriarty is doing any of the things he's doing.

This issue hinges on Moriarty diving into a gigantic tank of green liquid, but I'm not sure why he's doing that.  I thought this whole comic had to do with some sort of boxes...  I'm sure that reading this series in trade would make things a lot clearer, and strangely, the fact that I'm not sure why anything is happening isn't detracting from my enjoyment of the comic.  I guess in that way, I'm like the people that will sit through a Michael Bay movie...

No comments: